Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Week 1: What I have learned...

This week has been absolutely  wonderful and absolutely stressful. I have learned so much about my new classes and my new peers. This is my first semester at San Marcos and I am so excited to finally be at a big girl school!! :) After several years at Mira Costa I finally transfered and I am loving it here. The one significant thing I learned this week was probably that I have a lot of work cut out for me in the next 3 years. I am in the ICP program for Liberal Studies and at our meeting on Monday, I think I just about yanked half my head of hair out because I got so stressed out. I know that the way the advisors have set up our program is going to help me out tremendously in the long run, but they just gave us so many deadlines at the meeting and those deadlines on top of all of the work from my classes this semester stressed me out just a tad. So this past week I have learned that I am going to need to rethink and reorganize my entire life. I am going to need to be on top of things, be aware of deadlines, do homework assignments the day they are assigned, color-coordinate my agenda so I know when to do what, and most importantly, enjoy every second that I am in school. I am so grateful to be entering the Credential Program and I cannot wait to become a teacher. I look forward to learning many new things in this EDUC 422 class and in all of my other classes as well. 

No comments:

Post a Comment