Wednesday, April 8, 2009

Copyright Laws

I know for a fact that the copyright law is broken all the time, and most of the time when people are unaware that they are breaking a law. Music, pictures, quotes, etc. are all used without correct permission all the time. This law will definitely affect my classroom teaching. I know that I will come across something amazing that I will want to use in my classroom, but I might not necessarily get to use it because of copyright laws. Worksheets will all have to be made by me, from a website that allows copies, or they will have to be from a book that allows copies made from it. Hopefully I will not run into a situation like that too often where I can't use an educational tool because it is copyrighted. I feel like when I was growing up, my teachers that I had were not worried about this at all. I'm not sure if the laws were less strict at the time or if it was something else, but I can remember getting many worksheets with direct text from books from my teachers. As far as software goes, I think there are enough grants out there and free legal downloadable software available to get me by in that department. I am not worried about not having software for my students to use. I liked how, on one of the articles about copyrights, they gave an example of a request for usage to the copyright holder. I think that will come in handy for me and for my student's use. 

No comments:

Post a Comment