Tuesday, February 3, 2009

Week 2 Reading Response

This week's reading was interesting enough, but it was kind of repetitive. I had a hard time reading this article. I do agree with the author in that technology with only improve teaching methods and it will help reach students better. I like the three topics that he brought up in the article: Preconceptions influence all learning, understanding comes from knowing facts and principles, and metacognition is essential for understanding. These points are dead-on. One of the reasons that I want to teach, is so that I can help the students understand the material, not just recall the information. With technology on my side I think that I will be able to accomplish this goal quite well! There are so many programs out there that can help assist teachers as well as students. The article states that, "one of the appeals of technologies is to entice learners to think differently and more expansively." I think that this is very true. I believe that students today have more opportunities to learn better than they did 30 years ago because of the current technology available to them. 

No comments:

Post a Comment