Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Bloom's Taxonomy

I thought these articles were very, very interesting. I liked the last article the best because it talked about how to apply it to an actual lesson to the class and it also talked about what questions to ask for each level of understanding. I liked the levels that he did separate them into: knowledge, comprehension, application, analysis, synthesis. Each one is very different from that before it, but they can coexist next to each other as to not interrupt the flow of learning. Knowledge is different than comprehension. Comprehension is different than application, so on and so fourth. Once a child is in a certain level of the grid, they are able to work towards understanding the information enough to make it to the next level. I really think this will be a useful tool because with Bloom's Taxonomy, I am able to understand what I, as a teacher, will need to ask the children to be able to get the students to progress their learning comprehension further. One of the articles says how hard it is to get the students to get pas the knowledge and comprehension stage, but by asking questions outside of the normal questions, the children are forced to think about the information a different way and that stimulates the brain which makes the kids learn it! I really enjoyed reading these articles about this subject and plan to remember this theory while I am teaching in the future. 

No comments:

Post a Comment